(1). Before each start
1. Clean the surface
2. Check the coolant level
3. Check appearance of radiator core and intercooler.
4. Check the air filter blockage.
5. Check the lubrication oil level.
6. Check whether the control system electrical connection is loose or not.
(2). After running
1. Carefully check and tighten the rotating parts bolts, especially the connecting bolts of fuel pump, water pump, pulley and fun, and tighten the anchor bolts.
2. Check fluid (coolant, fuel, oil) leakage, clean-up if necessary.
3. Exclude the simple breakdown and irregularities in operation.
4. Clean up the dust on the air filter element.
5. Check the lubrication level; if necessary, add equal quality oil which can meet the technical requirements.
6. Check the coolant level; if necessary, add some pure water.
7. Check whether the electrical connection of the control system is loose or not.
8. Comprehensively clean the surface of the whole generator sets.
Every 200-400 working hours
Besides the above maintenance projects, add the following:
1. Check if the battery is abnormal.
2. Check the filters (water, oil, fuel); replace it if necessary.
3. Check and adjust fan belt tightness.
4. If necessary, add or replace the coolant in radiator and engine body.
5. Check if the wiring thread of the alternator and electric control parts is solid.
6. Replace the oil.
7. Replace the oil filter and bypass filter.
8. Replace the air filter
9. Replace the fuel filter
10. Check and adjust the valve clearance
Every 800 working hours
1. If possible, thoroughly remove the accumulated sludge in the diesel tap.
2. Check if there is any leakage in the inlet/outlet pipe of the turbocharger.
3. Check if there is any damage of the pipe connection fasteners, if necessary, replace and fasten the new ones.
4. Check the fuel injection pressure and atomization, if necessary, clean the injector coupled parts, re-adjust the fuel injection pressure; replace the default fuel injector nozzle.
5. Check and adjust the fuel injection pump advance angle, replace the injection pump oil.
6. Clean the fuel tank and pipes.
7. Clean the oil pan, oil filter.
8. Inspect and tight rod bolts, main bearing bolts, cylinder head bolts.
9. Check the battery electrolyte, if necessary, add some.
10. Check proofread instrument.
11. Check and adjust the excitation circuit.
Every 1200 working hours
1. Complete all of the checking works of every 800 working hours.
2. Check and adjust valve clearance (different engines have different schedule of valve clearance adjustment, Please refer to “Engine operation manual”).
Per 2500hours or as needed
1. Complete all works of every 1200hours.
2. Check the injection nozzle.
The tightening torque of injection nozzle is 50N.m, for turning it is 15-20N.m. If necessary, replace the nozzle.
3. Check the turbocharger work situation and do a comprehensive inspection of diesel engine and its accessories by professional engineer.
Coolant can be either mixture of water and antirust or mixture of water and antifreeze. The PH data of water should be 6-8, so we suggest choosing pure water. Pls do not use water only for coolant.
In cold climate, the coolant should contain 40%-60% of antifreeze.
Coolant need to be replaced per half a year at least to avoid the deposition in cooling system. The other important reason to replace the coolant is avoid the increasing rust which may affect the additive validity and damage the water temperature sensor.
2. Lubrication oil and oil filter replacing
Renewal of oil must comply with the recommended change interval. While replacing the oil, do replace the oil filter.
1) Pump extracts lubricant;
2) Clean filter mount, avoiding the dirt into the engine when install the new filter.
3) Turn off the bottom plug, drain off the lubricant; Screw the bottom plug, replace the filter.
4) Fill lubricant into the new filter. Coat some lubricant in the gasket, screw the filter to the engine by hand until gasket touches the base, and then tighten more half circle.
6) Add the lubrication to suitable level
7) Start the generator, check if the oil pressure is normal, and any leak around the filter.
3. Fuel specification
Choosing the recommended fuel is vital important for environment and reliability of operation.
Fuel should conform to Chinese and International commercial oil standards, Such as:
-- EN590 (according to China nation environment and cooling requirements)
-- ASTM-D975-No 1-D, 2-D
-- JIS KK2204
4. Replace the fuel filter
Keep it clean! Do not let any dirt into the fuel system.
WARNING! To avoid fuel spilled on the hot surface and cause a fire, replacing the fuel filter must be carried out in the cooler conditions.
1) Remove the filter. Coat a little oil on the new filter gasket. Hand screw on the filter so that the gasket and seat contact. Then tighten more semi-circle, do not screwed more. Exhaust air from the fuel system.
2) Start the machine, check for leaks.
5. The fuel injection pump
The fuel injection pumps used in MPMC diesel generator sets are of superior quality and reliable performance, which can ensure long term operation.
The function of the nozzle is:
To equally distribute fuel for reliable ignition and combustion
--To directly inject the fuel into the combustion chamber, and to provide the best mix of fuel and air. The injection pressure can be adjusted by the spring in advance.
7. Exhaust system
If there is air in the fuel system, it may affect the generator sets normal start and running. The air exhaust of the fuel system can be processed according to the following method:
Check and make sure that there is no loose with fuel line connector. Loosen the exhaust screw on the fuel filter, press the manual pump until no bubbles in the overflowed fuel, then tighten the screw. Pump the fuel 15-20 times continually, check the leaks